Content Creator Job At Jabula Media/Jabula News
Content Creators produce entertaining or educational material and are responsible for the contribution of information to any media. They create both digital media and offline content that caters to the interests of a target audience.
In today’s context, many corporations employ or outsource content creators to engage new and existing customers on the brand’s behalf.
A Content Creator’s various tasks include writing articles for a company’s web pages, e-books, videos, and social media posts. He/she should also be adept at promoting content on social media. To be a successful Content Creator, one should be familiar with digital publishing and generating traffic and leads for new businesses.
Being a Content Creator, one would need to have the ability to blend his/her employer’s/client’s content guidelines with creativity. Having a unique voice and personality is an important and distinguishable asset.
As a Content Creator, one needs to have a sense of curiosity to identify problems worth solving. The insights that come from this inherent curiosity make great content.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research on industry-related topics
- Create various content types (videos, articles, infographics) with relevant tone and style, adhering to the respective style guides
- Utilize various digital publishing platforms to create structured drafts
- Target content to specific audiences and focus on trending topics
- Incorporate blog and social media posts in both websites and social media platforms like Facebook or LinkedIn
- Conduct keyword research and employ SEO best practices to optimize content
- Analyze web traffic to measure the success of the content (e.g. conversion and bounce rates)
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing, or a related field
- Experience uploading content to various content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Shopify, Wix, XSitePro, etc.
- Social media management experience
- High-level interviewing skills
- Film videos on set or on location.
- Ensure that equipment for a shoot is present and working.
- Plan the shoot with the creative team and the client.
- Edit footage in post-production.
- Direct other camera operators so that the needed footage is acquired.
- Excellent computer literacy.
- Proficiency with editing software such as PhotoShop.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Relative fitness and stamina to work long hours.
- Proficiency with camera equipment.
- Excellent computer literacy